Homeownership is directly linked to unleashing upward social mobility, the American promise. At 8z, that is why we do what we do, passionately.
8zKeys4Life is an initiative that provides grants to first-time buyers to help them realize their dreams of owning a home. This support is through dual paths: financial education on the intricacies of homeownership and the steps to get there; paired with real financial support provided by 8z and its partners.
We have created a $250,000 fund to help with closing costs and prepaid expenses to bridge the often-small gap that may hinder first-time buyers.
Qualifications to apply
- Must be a first-time homebuyer who is ready to purchase a home!
- Must be a client of an 8z Realtor and an 8z loan officer.
- Client’s income and asset limits must follow CHFA. Your 8z lender will determine if a client fits these parameters.
- Clients must be willing and able to attend Financial Education classes and complete the required coursework.
How Keys4Life Works
- Once an application is received, 8z will reach out to the client’s Realtor to receive their written recommendation.
- The client needs to be working with both an 8z Realtor and, ultimately, an 8z lender.
- Upon completion of the Financial Education classes, the client will begin looking for properties with their Realtor and working with their lender to get ready to write a contract.
- Once under contract, both the Realtor and lender will review the settlement sheet for closing costs required as well as review the need per each client.
- Clients will fall into grant three tiers depending on the need and purchase price of home:
- $1000 towards closing costs
- $2500 towards closing costs
- $5000 towards closing costs
Keys4Life Program Details
- Approved Keys4Life clients must complete the Financial Education program, which is broken down into two, two-hour sessions, each one is a week apart.
- Clients are required to attend both sessions, which will be held in person.
- The program runs quarterly. If a session is full, clients will be added to the next quarter’s classes.
Ready to Apply?
Important Dates and Deadlines
|PROGRAM SEASON||APPLICATIONS OPEN||APPLICATION DEADLINE||CLASS DATES AND TIME|
|Winter (Quarter 1)||December 28th||January 11th||January 18th and January 27th from 6pm - 8pm|
|Spring (Quarter 2)||March 22nd||April 5th||April 14th and April 21st from 6pm - 8pm|
|Summer (Quarter 3)||June 21st||July 5th||Classes TBD|
|Fall (Quarter 4)||September 20th||October 4th||Classes TBD|